03 Jan 2018 Ready
January 3rd, 2018. Ahhh- I have to get used to typing that out. I can’t believe how fast 2017 flew by but I have to say I’m ecstatic it’s over. I don’t want to bore you with the new year new me and blasé resolutions. But I do want to share with you a few new things I’ve brought to practice in 2018 and as a result it’s been great thus far.
1. Buy a planner. I’ve never been great at setting specific dates to complete certain projects but with my sister’s influence. I realized, you can choose to plan without setting extreme measures. Learn to create balance. For an example:
- Choose a month or week you want to begin working on a project and move forward from there. (No specific date. ie January 5)
- Choose a month or week you want to complete a certain project and move forward from there.
If you begin working on your project during the time frame you set, you’re more likely to complete that project around or before the expected date.
2. Don’t think so far ahead. -By thinking too far into the future you can become anxious.
- Many people make this mistake and find themselves in a depressive state. Use the time in your day wisely. Everyone has immediate access to ways that make them happy. If you don’t know them, this is the year to learn them. ( Ie. Going for a walk, looking at the stars, calling a friend, working out, buying a plant, eating a snack or reading. )
- Challenge: Do at least 3 things everyday that’ll add to your happiness, even if others don’t approve. Live for you.
3. Social Media break. – I know this may be weird coming from someone who blogs and has a youtube channel. However, just because I use social media as a platform doesn’t mean I’m oblivious to the effects of over exposure.
- Often times we observe the lifestyles of others and somehow compare it to our own. If you’re constantly spending time looking into the life of others you limit the time and access you have to building your own. (instead of scrolling through instagram or snapchat 30x a day. Use half of the time doing at least 3 things that add to character or make you happy. References in #2)
Thanks for stopping by, see you in my next post.
Photos by: Stefanie